December 21, 2020
Residents, Families and Partners:
We want to provide you with an update about what is going on in our Community related to COVID.
We did our latest round of mass testing on December 16, and we are happy to announce that all staff and all residents tested negative for the virus.
As a result, the health department has approved us, effective 12/21/2020, to begin:
- Visitation with certain restrictions; and
- Group activities and scenic drives – engaging in social distancing and wearing masks.
The following guidelines will be in place for any visitation:
- All visits must be scheduled before hand by contacting us.
- Visitation hours are: 10am-4pm Wednesday, and Saturday
- Upon arrival, visitors are to go to the library, or back gate garden door
- Visitors will be screened, offered masks, and directed inside the booth. Residents will be assisted to the living room for each visit.
- Masks must be worn at all times during the visit.
- Each visit will be approximately 30 minutes to allow ample time for disinfecting between visits.
- We also ask when visiting, no more than 3 persons may be in the booth at a time due to social distancing.
- We are allowing one visit per day to be kind to others at this time.
Meanwhile, our staff continues its infection control efforts to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Santa Maria thanks you for your support of the staff caring for your loved ones during this surge in cases in California.
Please continue to report any changes in conditions in yourself if you are a resident or your loved one within the Community. As previously advised, if you do feel like you or your resident loved one are experiencing any health changes, we would ask that residents stay in their rooms as much as possible while we obtain COVID testing or any other assistance you may need. The virus has presented in many different forms so any change in condition should be reported.
As always, if you have an immediate concern, please email or call me. Please note that our phone lines are often busy, especially after hours and on weekends.
Our community wishes you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!