November 24, 2020
Dear Residents and Families:
As I am sure many of you are aware, the country is experiencing another increase in reported COVID cases. We have just learned that one of our residents and one of our staff members have recently tested positive for COVID. Currently, the resident is receiving care outside of the facility, and the staff member is quarantining at home.
Given these two new positive cases, we have taken the following actions to prevent or mitigate the spread of the virus into our community again:
- We will increase our regular cleaning of common areas and high touch surfaces;
- Have tested all residents in the facility;
- Asked residents to quarantine in their rooms until the results of their tests are received; and
- Suspend all group activities, scenic drives and in-person visitation (with the exception of end-of-life or essential healthcare providers) until we can be assured that the virus is not spreading in the Community.
We will notify residents, their primary care providers and responsible parties immediately about test results, and we will provide a general update about the findings of these tests.
We also will continue:
- Requiring that all staff wear masks and practice social distancing when in the facility and encourage staff to do so while off duty outside of the facility;
- Strongly encourage all residents to wear masks when outside of their room and when interacting with others; and
- Assess and check temperatures of all staff and essential visitors (external healthcare providers, end-of-life visitors) upon entry into the building; and
- Monitor all staff and residents for any signs and symptoms of the virus and contact resident’s primary healthcare providers and family if there are any changes.
We understand that these restrictions may be harder this week given the Thanksgiving holiday, but we think it is necessary to protect our residents. We want to work with you to connect with your loved ones this holiday week. We can:
- Assist in delivering food plates or care packages;
- Assist in facilitating Zoom/FaceTime calls; and
- Schedule Window visits with your loved one.
As is usual, we will notify residents’ primary physicians and designated family members of any changes in their loved one’s condition, whether potentially related to COVID-19 or not.
We will keep you updated as any changes at the facility occur. Please reach out with questions, concerns, or requests for assistance.